Blue Jay Carpet Cleaning believes a healthy home starts with clean carpets. Nothing cleans more thoroughly or protects your home’s carpet investment better than Blue Jay Carpet Cleaning’s method, also known as hot water extraction. It is the preferred carpet cleaning method recommended by most carpet manufacturers, including Shaw Industries, the largest manufacturer of carpet in the world.
Every cleaning method has strengths and weaknesses. I can use many cleaning methods either separately or together to get the best results depending on your carpets situation. The Results depend strictly on the operator not the systems. After cleaning hundreds of homes with different systems I have found Hot Water Extraction to be the best method for residential homes. The main benefit of a truck mounted hot water extraction is maximum soil removal. Another method, Bonnet carpet cleaning, which is good for light to medium soils, is the least labor intensive of all the systems, but it does not remove the maximum soils. Any system is not better than any other system. Some systems are faster, some are more labor intensive, etc. No system is truly “DRY” without water. It is when a person does not know what they are doing that there is a problem. This goes for any cleaning system. Ideally, all cleaners should have a variety of systems available for different carpets and different situations. We use 3 different systems depending on the type of carpet, level of soil and the areas to be cleaned. I feel that truck mounted steam cleaning is the best choice, but don’t worry about that. Together we will choose the method that will work best for your needs.
Blue Jay Carpet Cleaning Steps to a Cleaner, healthier Carpet.
- Pre-Vacuuming of the carpet. We like you to vacuum before we arrive but we can vacuum too. 79% of all soil is dry soil and can be removed with vacuuming.
- Application of a detergent pre-spray so that the detergent actually contacts the soils and spots. This solution is to help dissolve the stains, spots and overall soil.
- Pre-Agitation of the detergent to help loosen the soils from the carpet fiber. Many companies skip this important step in an effort to save time, but with a rotary agitation device it can make the difference between a good carpet cleaning job and a great carpet cleaning job.
- Hot water rinsing using a high-efficiency truck mounted system. This is wear the extraction of soils, spots, pollens, allergens and dirt are rinsed from your carpet. Leaving it light, clean and fluffy like you want it to be.
- Application of a carpet protector(at your option). Carpet protector creates a “shield” around the carpet, keeping dirt from sticking to the fibers. It makes carpet fibers more resistant to oil and water based stains. Also, it helps routine caring for the carpet much easier.
- Grooming of the carpet fibers. It gives the carpet a more uniform look and also helps to groom carpet protector into the carpet fiber.
- Drying. Carpets usually take between 4-6 hours to dry (but no more than 24 hours), depending on the degree of soiling, type of carpet, temperature, and humidity. But if needed we have air movers available for faster drying.