Blue Jay Carpet Cleaning’s upholstery cleaning service can restore the beauty and extend the life of your favorite sofa, chair or other upholstered furniture. Blue Jay Carpet Cleaning gets back the vibrant color and beauty of your fine furniture.
Upholstered furniture uses more varied materials and methods of manufacture than carpet. One cleaning process will not work on all upholstered furniture. Special considerations such as color fastness and dimensional stability of the fabric must be made. At Blue Jay Carpet Cleaning, we’ll provide the cleaning process that’s right for your particular upholstered fabric.
- We test all fabrics for color fastness and inspect the fabric condition to insure that it will respond to the cleaning.
- We pre-vacuum the upholstery to remove dry soil before they get wet which improves the effectiveness of cleaning solutions.
- We apply a pre-conditioner to fully suspend the spots, soil and to help eliminate sticky residue problems.
- We then agitate the pre-conditioner with a towel or soft brush to help loosen soil, spots and spills.
- We then extract the spots and soil. We use our extraction unit to rinse the soil from the upholstery. Leaving it clean and free with no residue to attract soil.
- We groom the upholstery to set the nap of your furniture which helps it to not only look its best, but to also restore the soft feel of many fine fabrics.
- An optional step is to apply a fabric protector such as Scotchgard or Teflon which protects the fabric from most soiling and many spills.
If you have any questions or to schedule an appointment call 214-709-7200